Go to content Go to menu

How to calculate unemployment benefits in cross-border situations; ‘typical’ and ‘atypical’ frontier workers

Natasa Randlova contributed to the August issue with her article regarding frontier workers, especially the situation when a person was employed in a state, not being that of his residence, and he does not return to his state of residence at least once a week, he has a choice of where to apply for unemployment support: in his state of residence or in his state of work. If such a ‘frontier worker’ applies for unemployment support in his state of residence, the amount of that support should be calculated based on the earnings a worker in a similar job earns in the state of residence and not on the applicant’s own previous earnings.

The entire text of the article can be found