The association’s main objective is to improve the quality of labour and employment law and its practical application within the Czech Republic. Besides operating within the Czech labour law environment, however, the association also incorporates an international dimension in its activities, in particular through co-operation with multinational and international organisations that do similar activities.
The association implements its objectives in particular through:
- involvement in law-making,
- promoting practical changes to legislation and the ways it is applied,
- providing expert opinions from persons involved in labour and employment law,
- co-operation with employers’ organisations, chambers of industry and trades unions,
- co-operation with professional and autonomous organisations,
- improving the knowledge of members, organising exchanges of experience and knowledge within the association.
Membership of CzELA can be either ordinary or honorary. To become a CzELA ordinary member, you need to be an individual who:
- has full legal capacity,
- is entered in the list of lawyers held by the Czech Bar Association,
- has spent most of his or her professional time undertaking activities requiring knowledge of labour and employment law for a period of at least 5 years.
Membership of CzELA is conditional upon fulfilling the above listed professional preconditions, filling in the registration form, being accepted at a general meeting of members on a proposal by the board of directors, and payment of the membership fee.
If you want to become a CzELA member, please contact us at email@example.com.
Anybody within the employment law field who has impacted the Czech legal environment through outstanding service and who over the course of many years of practice has secured a position amongst the leading experts in his or her field can be appointed an honorary member.
You can download the charter of association here: